1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I’ve recently devised a plan to put all titles in a bowl. Pink for unread and green for read (that way if I feel like rereading something, I still have the option to be surprised). So if I can’t decide what I want to read by just staring at my shelves, then I at least have a backup plan.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I’m committed! Even if I end up putting that sucker down, I will end up picking it up again. Mental monologue: I’ll defeat you, I swear it!
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
I ALWAYS try to catch up. (Hate to brag, but I haven’t lost a reading challenge yet *hair flick*). I tend to real a lot of novellas or shorter books, just so I can make the best of the limited time.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
Cry for a while. Vent to my Mum. The usual.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
I usually just suck it up! It is what it is. Opinions are just that, an opinion. Everyone’s allowed to have them (even if they’re wrong 😂) … please make note, that I am kidding on the last part.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
Deep breaths. Closing the book. A lot of staring off into the the distance and trying to mentally calm myself.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
I will forever love the people that write up plot summaries. Those things are lifesavers!
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
Just politely decline. Usually booklovers understand that books are a thing to be cherished. It’s nothing personal boo, I just have an obsession with keep them in my line of sight at ALL times.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
It depends on the type of reading slump. Sometimes, all it takes is a reread of a book you know you love. Other times it’s just a waiting game. You’ll find the book that lets you dive into reading again, don’t give up!
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
All of them. Duh. I work in a bookstore for a reason. 😎📚
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
But, AT LEAST I HAVE THEM!