Welcome to my review, where I review a series in ten points! (I also chuck the Goodreads description at the end, in case anyone is curious.)
Genre: Young Adult – Urban Fantasy
Target Audience: 12+
Goodreads Rating: 4/5
Reading Order: Akarnae, Raelia, Draekora, Graevale, We Three Heroes, Vardaesia.
Favourite book in the series: Graevale.
- It’s so pure and innocent and sweet all while being a little vicious and cruel. It’s a perfect blend of both words.
- No romance until later in the series!
- All the characters you’re supposed to love are so gosh darn lovable.
- SO FREAKING FUNNY.
- It’s a fun mix between Harry Potter (with the school atmosphere and stuffs), Narnia (them pesky magic doors, man) aaand X-Men (because, BOOM, POW! Powers!).
- It’ll break your heart and you’ll hate it and love it all at the same time.
- It’s an easy series to read.
- It’s #LoveOzYA!
- Undoubtedly worth it. Ya won’t regret it!
- It’s different to the normal YA fantasy’s that are roaming the shelves at the moment.
Dreading her first day at a new school, Alex is stunned when she walks through a doorway and finds herself stranded in Medora, a fantasy world full of impossibilities. Desperate to return home, she learns that only a man named Professor Marselle can help her… but he’s missing.
While waiting for him to reappear, Alex attends Akarnae Academy, Medora’s boarding school for teenagers with extraordinary gifts. She soon starts to enjoy her bizarre new world and the friends who embrace her as one of their own, but strange things are happening at Akarnae, and Alex can’t ignore her fear that something unexpected… something sinister… is looming.
An unwilling pawn in a deadly game, Alex’s shoulders bear the crushing weight of an entire race’s survival. Only she can save the Medorans, but what if doing so prevents her from ever returning home?
Will Alex risk her entire world—and maybe even her life—to save Medora?