Welcome to my review, where I review books and series in ten points! (I also chuck the Goodreads description at the end, in case anyone is curious.)
Genre: New Adult – Contemporary
Target Audience: 15+
Goodreads Rating: 4/5
Reading Order: That Boy, That Wedding, That Baby
Favourite book in the series: That Boy.
- Unique. In the best way possible. It’s written in a manner I’ve never seen before and it WORKED. I loved that.
- So cute but very realistic. Love the friendships crafted in this novel (even though one particular person got particularly distasteful).
- I love Jadyn. She’s quirky and fun. She doesn’t fall into the girly girl stereotype and isn’t completely tomboy either. She’s found a comfortable spot in the middle that’s made her ‘one of the boys’ and ‘one of the girls’.
- SO FREAKING FUNNY.
- I found myself liking this series a whole lot more than I anticipated. Honestly, I thought I wasn’t going to be a fan.
- Angel. ❤
- Some parts did draw out and overall drag the story down a big. Other times the characters just flat out annoyed me.
- It broke my heart more than once.
- Undoubtedly worth it.
- I love Danny and Phillip. I’d marry them both if I could.
Fall in love with the boy next door in this sweet contemporary romance by USA Today Best Selling Author, Jillian Dodd.
You know, being friends with two cute boys does have its benefits.
There’s Danny. Danny is a golden boy in every way. He has dreamy blue eyes and blonde hair that always looks perfect, even when it’s windblown or been stuck under a football helmet. He’s the boy every girl crushes on. The boy I get into trouble with, the boy I fight with, the hot quarterback no girl can resist. Being with Danny is like being on an adventure. He has a bright, contagious smile and abs to die for.
Equally crush worthy is Phillip. Adorable, sweet Phillip, who I have known since birth. Phillip has dark hair, a perfect smile, brown eyes, and the sexiest voice I have ever heard. He’s the boy I talk to every night before I go to sleep. The boy who rescues me, the boy who can read my mind, the boy who is always there for me, the boy who tries to keep me out of trouble, the boy who irritatingly keeps getting hotter, and whose strong arms always seem to find their way around me. And when he gives me that grin, I can never say no.
One boy will give me my very first kiss.
One boy will teach me to make out.
One boy will take me to prom.
And finally, one boy will ask me to marry him.
They will both be my best friends.
But only one of them will be the boy I fall in love with.
Only one of them is That Boy.